Enhanced tools, greater visibility and new features – M4 version 15.5 is all about enriching the M4 User experience.
September 15, 2015 – RICHMOND, VA – Mapcom Systems has released the newest version in its suite of Visual Operations System (VOS) software, M4 Solutions. The release contains nearly 100 enhancements covering virtually all of the modules within the suite.
The M4 User community continuously shapes and influences our M4 software suite. Of the 100 enhancements in this release, almost 50% were submitted by our Users, including module enhancements to M4 Foundation, M4 Administrator, M4 Workforce, M4 Inventory, M4 Assignment, M4 Web Console, M4 Network Equipment Manager, M4 Fiber, M4 Circuit Manager and M4 Process Manager. With these enhancements, Mapcom Systems further emphasizes the commitment to meet and exceed customer expectations.
Key M4 enhancements in this release include:
- M4 Web Console introduces new visual query tools that improve the planning and managing of your revenue generation strategy. These initial serviceability tools are the first step towards the new M4 RevGen module launching in the 2016 release of M4 RevGen Suite.
- M4 Workforce has given users even more control of functionality, with a new emphasis on email options and search features. Users can now also set their default serving area by technician. In the Create Ticket tab, users can now create questions and answers that must be filled out when inputting ticket or customer information.
- M4 Reporting now includes the executive dashboard, where executives can log in and see updated metrics and statistics, including customizable performance reports.
- With M4 Process Manager, users can now change the status of a task by right-clicking an assigned task within the process manager management page and selecting the task state to which they’d like to transition. M4 Process Manager also displays notes in the data tab for all tasks associated with the overall process.
- M4 Assignment has a number of new enhancements in this release. New steal and swap functionality has been added to make stealing and swapping elements a very efficient process. A user can quickly add notes and attachments to tickets. While making an assignment the user can use the element search to easily find the element necessary for the assignment. Also, the user can quickly populate elements that are pre-provisioned during manual assignment.
- M4 Circuit Manager is easier to use with improved custom fields and configuration changes to optimize the fiber circuit form.
“With M4 version 15.5, we have continued our tradition of improving upon each and every one of our modules, at the same time focusing on tools that help our users generate revenue and improve operational workflow and efficiency,” said David Spiller, Vice President of Technology for Mapcom Systems.
About Mapcom Systems
Mapcom Systems is the developer of M4 Solutions – a visual operations platform that allows service providers to manage their workforce, as well as fiber, coax, wireless and copper networks, including both outside and inside plant at the physical and logical levels. M4 Solutions enables users to integrate and correlate data from existing billing, accounting, GPS tracking, element management and network monitoring applications in a powerful visual interface to all network elements. Since 1971, Mapcom Systems has worked with independents, cooperatives, fiber communities, and campus telecommunications providers of all sizes across the United States, Canada, Central America and the Caribbean. For more information, visit the Mapcom Systems website at www.mapcom.com.