Outages are inevitable. Equipment failures, construction mishaps, or inclement weather can cause unexpected disruptions of service. You already have systems monitoring your network to notify you when these events occur, but you can’t quickly pinpoint a root cause without consulting other systems to create a complete picture of the network.
In addition, equipment management systems typically bombard monitors with massive amounts of alarms – including many that are not related to outages. Ultimately, you struggle to proactively address problems because you often don’t know about them until an unhappy customer calls.
The first step is establishing a central place to combine data and provide an accurate overview of critical equipment issues and what parts of the network they affect.
You need one application that:
- Aggregates alarms from Calix equipment and other equipment manufacturers
- Allows you to filter out insignificant alarms
- Links alarms to data from other critical business systems including customers and service locations
- Highlights affected ISP, OSP, and service locations on a system-wide map
- Reports who (customers) and what (plant) is connected to alarming equipment
- Provides targeted active and historical lists of alarms on demand
A system that effectively integrates and connects alarms to GIS, billing, and network equipment data allows you to pinpoint and resolve root causes in a fraction of the time. Employees are less stressed and feel more in control of your network when they can quickly identify issues and mobilize to fix them.
Not only do customers benefit from a speedier response time, but understanding what service locations are impacted by an outage lets you proactively notify them of the disruption and resolution timeline – before they get frustrated and call customer service.
Interested in getting more out of your alarms data? Want to see how M4 and Calix can decrease outage response times? Contact us today to learn more!